News for Prescott AZ - AmericanTowns.com

Monday, September 26, 2011

Inside Lending Newsletter From Theron Wall

 

\

Inside Lending from Theron Wall

visit my website     email me now

Theron Wall

Theron Wall
Sr. Mortgage Consultant
1575 Plaza West Drive, Suite C
Prescott, AZ 86303
Office: 928.445.8730
Fax: 928.445.1065
Cell: 928.533.7473

Wallick & Volk Mortgage

For the week of September 26, 2011 – Vol. 9, Issue 39

 

>> Market Update 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK..."Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have."--Zig Ziglar, American author and motivational speaker

INFO THAT HITS US WHERE WE LIVE
...To help the economy succeed, the Fed is certainly using its ability to the max. Coming out of the FOMC meeting Wednesday, the Fed announced "Operation Twist"--a strategy of selling its short-term securities to buy long-term bonds to drive down long term interest rates, especially for mortgages. This latest Fed effort to help the housing market is great news for anyone thinking of buying a home, as mortgage rates should stay very very low.

Wednesday's other great news for housing was August Existing Home Sales came in UP 7.7%, to an annual rate just the other side of 5 million units, the best reading since March. This dropped the supply of existing homes to 8.5 months. Tuesday, August Housing Starts were down 5%, to a 571,000 unit annual rate. But, hey, dealing with a hurricane and floods, builders across a good part of the East were hesitant to break ground. Better news came with building permits--UP 3.2% for the month and now UP 7.8% versus a year ago

BUSINESS TIP OF THE WEEK
...Don't avoid taking a prudent risk just because risks sometimes result in failure. Without the possibility of failure, there is no possibility of success.

>> Review of Last Week

IT'S ALL GREEK TO WALL STREET...The week before last, investors were optimistic about Greek debt and European financial problems and the stock market went up. Last week, Wall Street worried that Greece wasn't making progress with the austerity plan that would earn it a bail out from its richer neighbors. Then Moody's downgraded Italy's debt. Lastly, the Fed chimed in: "There are significant downside risks to the economic outlook, including strains in global financial markets." Stocks suffered their worst weekly loss since October 2008.

Wall Streeters were obviously ignoring the good economic signs. Same-store sales were UP 3.4% versus a year ago, as measured by the International Council of Shopping Centers. Redbook Research reported an even better 4.1% boost in same-store sales. There was the positive housing data reported above. Then, some economists said they expect consumer spending to climb at a 1.5%–2% annual rate in Q3. The economy may not be booming, but it's not double-dipping back into recession either.

For the week, the Dow ended down 6.4%, at 10771; the S&P 500 was down 6.5%, to 1136; and the Nasdaq was down 5.3%, to 2483.


It was an historic week in the bond market, as Treasury yields dropped to record lows after the Fed announced its $400 billion "twist" to sell shorter term bonds and buy longer ones. The FNMA 3.5% bond we track closed Friday at $102.27, UP 1.22 for the week. National average mortgage rates held steady, but they're already at historic levels, well below where they were a year ago. Now with the Fed's Operation Twist, some observers say rates may go even lower. 

DID YOU KNOW?
...The majority of real estate agents believe that the biggest reason homes don't sell is simply price.

>> This Week’s Forecast

MORE ON HOME SALES, GDP, INFLATION...Monday, August New Home Sales are expected down a tad from the prior month. Thursday's Pending Home Sales for July are predicted down a little. That day will also reveal the Q2 GDP, Third Estimate, forecast up slightly but still registering modest 1.2% growth. Friday brings a reading on August inflation in the form of Core PCE Prices, the Fed's favorite gauge, which should still be within their target range.

>> The Week’s Economic Indicator Calendar

Weaker than expected economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and rising loan rates.

Economic Calendar for the Week of Sep 26 – Sep 30

 Date

Time (ET)

Release

For

Consensus

Prior

Impact

M
Sep 26

10:00

New Home Sales

Aug

293K

298K

Moderate

Tu
Sep 27

10:00

Consumer Confidence

Sep

46.7

44.5

Moderate

W
Sep 28

08:30

Durable Goods Orders

Aug

0.0%

4.1%

Moderate

W
Sep 28

10:30

Crude Inventories

9/24

NA

-7.336M

Moderate

Th
Sep 29

08:30

Initial Unemployment Claims

9/24

420K

423K

Moderate

Th
Sep 29

08:30

Continuing Unemployment Claims

9/17

3.713M

3.727M

Moderate

Th
Sep 29

08:30

GDP-3rd Estimate

Q2

1.2%

1.0%

Moderate

Th
Sep 29

08:30

GDP Deflator-3rd Estimate

Q2

2.4%

2.4%

Moderate

Th
Sep 29

10:00

Pending Home Sales

Jul

-1.3%

-1.3%

Moderate

F
Sep 30

08:30

Personal Income

Aug

0.0%

0.3%

Moderate

F
Sep 30

08:30

Personal Spending

Aug

0.2%

0.8%

HIGH

F
Sep 30

08:30

PCE Prices-Core

Aug

0.2%

0.2%

HIGH

F
Sep 30

09:45

Chicago PMI

Sep

54.0

56.5

HIGH

F
Sep 30

09:55

U. of Michigan Consumer Sentiment-Final

Sep

57.6

57.8

Moderate

 

>> Federal Reserve Watch   

Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months...Economists don't see a hike in the Funds rate, given the Fed's latest view of the economy and its stated intention to keep rates at super low levels through summer 2013. Note: In the lower chart, a 1% probability of change is a 99% certainty the rate will stay the same.

Current Fed Funds Rate: 0%–0.25%

After FOMC meeting on:

Consensus

Nov 2

0%–0.25%

Dec 13

0%–0.25%

Jan 25

0%–0.25%


Probability of change from current policy:

After FOMC meeting on:

Consensus

Nov 2

     <1%

Dec 13

     <1%

Jan 25

     <1%

 

This e-mail is an advertisement for Theron Wall. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment and/or mortgage advice, or a commitment to lend. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee of its accuracy. The material contained in the newsletter is the property of Wallick & Volk Mortgage and cannot be reproduced for any use without prior written consent. It is designed for real estate and other financial professionals only. It is not intended for consumer distribution. The material does not represent the opinion of Wallick & Volk Mortgage. BK 0018295 NMLS #256412




Equal Housing Lender  

 

This is not the opinion of Brad Bergamini, Realty Executives Northern Arizona or any of its affiliates.  This post is for informational purpose only and is not guaranteed and does not render as legal advice.  Buying and selling Real Estate in Arizona or Prescott Arizona is a serious task and should be consulted with personally with Realtor or Real Estate Attorney.  Please visit my website for contact information

http://bradbergamini.com or http://everythingprescott.com

 

 

Post a Comment

Brad Bergamini, real estate agent on Zillow

Share Prescott Real Estate News

Bookmark and Share

Prescott Real Estate on YouTube

Loading...

Brad Bergamini's answers on Trulia Voices

PRESCOTT, Arizona area homes for sale and listings from Brad Bergamini